October 11, 2016
Top 10 Financing Mistakes Home Buyers Make
Congratulations…you’re ready to buy a new home! It’s an exciting time, and we know that you want to start the process as soon as possible. However, it’s important to take a deep breath and review this list of the ten most common money mistakes home buyers make, so that you don’t find yourself in a tight spot later.
- Not checking your own credit.
- Adding to your credit burden.
- Failing to get pre-approved.
- Neglecting some of the related costs of owning a home.
- Falling into the adjustable mortgage trap.
- Not locking in your rate.
- Overestimating what you can afford.
- Having a short “paper trail”.
- Job hopping.
- Not taking the time to comparison shop.