January 31, 2015
Fight the Big Chill - the Best Ways to Save on Heating Your Home
As we settle into the coldest time of the year, a lot of homeowners are wondering how they can get the most value for their heating dollars. We’ve got some ‘hot’ hints to help you stretch your fuel budget!
- Ask your local electric company for an energy audit
- Invest in a programmable thermostat
- Invest in a heat pump
- Add weather stripping
- Bring in portable heaters
- Water heaters make a difference
- Don’t block heating vents
- Proper insulation is essential!
- Decorative touches can help conserve energy
- Change the direction of your ceiling fans