July 27, 2017
Are You Really Ready to Buy a House?
Some women have biological clocks that say ‘it’s time to have a baby’. Some people feel that way about marriage. For the longest time, just dating or living together is fine, but all of a sudden, there’s a strong lure they didn’t expect to tie the knot. And then there’s ‘house fever’…the irresistible urge to dump the apartment or rental home and jump into home ownership. But…are you actually prepared to buy a house? Do you have the foundation in place to become a successful homeowner? There are some important questions you need to ask yourself before you begin the world’s most significant shopping trip.
- How long are you planning to stay in the area?
- Is your current family unit going to change?
- How positive is your income forecast?
- Is your credit able to carry the burden?
- Is total autonomy important to you?
- Are you looking for budgetary or housing stability?
- Are you able to handle a little uncertainty?