June 30, 2016
Buying New Construction – Get Answers to These Important Questions
When you’re shopping for new construction in Savannah, GA and the surrounding area, you’ll have a number of homebuilders promising you that they’ll give you the best deal on a fantastic home. And while many will make good on that promise, you’ll need to dig a little deeper to make sure that you are actually working with the homebuilder that is the best fit for you and your family. That may sound like a daunting task, but really, all that’s required is a little research – and asking the right questions. And to make it even easier, the staff at Ernest Signature Custom Homes has put together a list of those questions to help you!
- Does the builder have a good reputation in the community?
- Is the homebuilding company public or private?
- How many years has the homebuilder been in business, and how many homes have been built?
- Is the homebuilder fully licensed and carrying all major insurances?
- Does the builder sell to owner/occupants or investors?
- Do you have any questions about the contract or cancellation clauses?
- Will your lender finance any type of upgrade you choose?
- Will your builder let you use your own inspector?
- What is the current stage of development in the community?
- How long do you think you will live in your new home?
- Will my house be ready when I need it?
- How good is the homebuilder’s warranty?
- Is there a homeowner’s association, and do they have their own rules?
- What is the average price of a home in the community?
- Why has your lot been given a premium price?